COVID-19 Worship Service Protocol
For in-person gatherings, we are following provincial guidelines. The province, as well as our church COVID team, has given the following recommendations for the practice of low risk worship services:
- Staying at home when feeling sick or unwell.
- Frequent hand cleaning. Please sanitize or wash your hands when entering the building.
- Encouraging those who are eligible to be fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are not restricted from attending services, but we request that you wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
- Operating below 50% capacity. Our sanctuary has a capacity of 700 people and attendance currently is typically below 200.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask during indoor worship services. Exceptions include: briefly removing it for eating or drinking for ceremonial purposes or for speakers/singers with physical distancing in place.
- Give others space. Not everyone will feel comfortable being close to others, including sitting, standing shoulder-to-shoulder or shaking hands. We recommend leaving a pew between you and another group.
- Socializing outdoors after church.
- Keep things clean - especially common touch areas.
Please note that the guidelines for gathered worship could change at any time.
Please access your own and others risk in attending any worship service if you are at greater risk of suffering serious complications of COVID-19 or if you are unvaccinated. This includes anyone over the age of 70, those suffering from underlying medical conditions or a compromised immune system. We ask that you do not attend a service if you are suffering from any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 or if you are required to self-isolate due to international travel.
If you have any questions about worship services, we invite you to be in touch with one of our worship directors at email@example.com.