COVID-19 Worship Service Protocol
For in-person gatherings, we are following provincial guidelines. As the province moves into Stage 3 of our re-opening plan, many of the restrictions placed around worship services have been lifted. However, the province, as well as our church COVID team, has given the following recommendations for the practice of low risk worship services:
- Staying at home when feeling sick or unwell.
- Frequent hand cleaning. Please sanitize or wash your hands when entering the building.
- Encouraging those who are eligible to be fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are not restricted from attending services, but we request that you wear a mask and keep your distance from others.
- Everyone is strongly recommended to wear a mask during indoor worship services.
- Give others space. Not everyone will feel comfortable being close to others, including sitting, standing shoulder-to-shoulder or shaking hands. We recommend leaving a pew between you and another group.
- Socializing outdoors after church.
- Keep things clean - especially common touch areas.
Please access your own and others risk in attending any worship service if you are at greater risk of suffering serious complications of COVID-19 or if you are unvaccinated. This includes anyone over the age of 70, those suffering from underlying medical conditions or a compromised immune system. We ask that you do not attend a service if you are suffering from any symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 or if you are required to self-isolate due to international travel.
If you have any questions about worship services, we invite you to be in touch with one of our worship directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.