Last updated: April 2021
This document provides various resources that the FCRC deacons and community assistance team can utilize when people come to the church looking for various kinds of support.
- In general, you can contact 2-1-1 - tell them what you are looking for and they can point/refer you to the appropriate service or program, available 24/7.
- Contact: Call or text 2-1-1
- Look inside the pantry (the closet in the office) on the wall above the light switch for brochures with resources specifically in Surrey. These should be provided to those who have a specific issue and might benefit from some community resources to help them.
Options Community Services - Has Emergency Housing Options
- Summary: We are a non-profit registered charity providing social services primarily in Surrey, Delta, White Rock and Langley. We believe in helping people help themselves. We believe in collaborating with individuals, businesses, community groups and government to create focused, effective and responsive resources for the community.
- Contact: Bruce Strom (Senior Program Manager), 604.599.8900, email@example.com or check website for more info here
Lookout Housing and Health Society - Connected Through Emergency Weather Shelter
- Summary: We provide housing and a range of support services to adults with low or no income who have few housing or support options. Since people we serve have challenges meeting basic needs and goals, we place minimal barriers between them and our services.
- Contact: 604-255-0340, firstname.lastname@example.org , or check website for more info here (Jen knows the contact)
Surrey Urban Mission Society - Connected Through Muffin Ministry
- Summary: To transform lives in the Spirit of Christ; within a community that cares, welcomes, and supports those in need while assisting them to participate in society.
- Contact: (604) 581 5172 (Natasha V knows the contact)
NightShift Street Ministries - Connected Through Muffin Ministry
- Summary: Reaching out, touching hearts and bringing people together. We are people caring for people through outreach, counselling, education and a vision for transitional housing.
- Contact: 604.953.1114 (Natasha V knows the contact)
- Summary: We are the largest provider of community healthcare services in Canada. We offer physiotherapy, occupational therapy, exercise and behavioural therapies, as well as physician, chiropractic, vocational, nursing, speech, massage and home health services.
- Contact: 604.575.2325
- Summary: We are a highly experienced team of occupational therapists, physiotherapists and kinesiologists who are committed to pursue excellence in treatment outcomes.
- Contact: 604-574-1255, email@example.com
- Summary: At DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society, we empower newcomers and other diverse communities to build the life they want in Canada.
- Contact: 604-547-1203, firstname.lastname@example.org , or check website for more info here
- Summary: Provides different programs, online tools, and study materials to help with English learning (including ESL Conversation Circles, Community programs)
- Contact: Check website for more info here
- Summary: Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) has a 36-year history of providing a breadth of quality, accredited social services across British Columbia, including: education, employment, housing, substance use, mental health, and youth and family support services.
- Contact: 604-580-9740, or check website for more info here
- Summary: Our mission is to be the most respected staffing firm in each market. We serve by providing best-in-class extra-mile service to our valued clients and associate employees
- Contact: 604 592 3556
New Hope Community Services - Housing and Support - Connected Through SERVE
- Summary: New Hope provides housing and support services for refugee families as they transition into life in Canada. We own and operate a 13-unit apartment building in Surrey, BC and partner with community agencies to help refugee families access resources they may need.
- Contact: 778-394-1191 or email@example.com (Natasha V. knows the head manager)
- Summary: MOSAIC is one of the largest settlement non-profit organizations in Canada. We serve immigrant, refugee, migrant and mainstream communities in Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley as well as throughout the province of BC and overseas via online programs.
- Contact: MOSAIC Surrey Newcomers Centre, 778 591 9334
- Summary: Umoja Operation Compassion Society of British Columbia is a charitable organization formed in 2002 to work with newcomer immigrants and refugees living in Surrey, BC. Our society seeks to help promote unity, respect, and dignity amongst minority immigrants and refugees.
- Contact: 604 581 5574, firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Waste Services
Sources Food Hub - Connected Through SERVE
- Summary: The Sources Food Hub provides education on food waste reduction, and opportunities for rescuing and redistributing food to our community.
- Contact: Ava Reeve (email@example.com) or Carrie Belanger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 604-596-0973, email@example.com (Natasha V. has a connection with Ava)
- Summary: The Surrey Food Bank provides food to families living in Surrey and North Delta. We pride ourselves in supplying nutritious food in a respectful and dignified environment.
- Contact: 604.581.5443
- Summary: We are an award winning non-profit consumer credit and debt counselling service providing help with debts, money management, and interest relief in Surrey.
- Contact: 604-527-8999, firstname.lastname@example.org