Here at Fleetwood CRC, there is a group of people who make up the Reaching Out Guiding Team. This team works to inspire all people connected to Fleetwood CRC to participate in specific reaching out activities and encourage other creative ways to Reach Out into our world. They work to help us develop habits of regular celebration of ways we see God at work outside our walls. This team also regularly review current reaching out activities and encourage development of new reaching out opportunities.
Here are some examples of what is happening outside of Fleetwood CRC:
- Surrey Food Bank - we support our neighbours in need through our Thanksgiving offering, and some of our members volunteer for this important organization.
- Christianity/Discipleship Explored offers a safe place to learn who Jesus is and why he matters. We offer this course at least once a year.
- Stepping Stones runs the Muffin Morning program for teenage moms at our church every Wednesday from September to June.
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings occur every Wednesday evening in our classrooms upstairs. Enter through the back doors.
- Multiple Sclerosis self help group meets in our lobby on the fourth Wednesday of every month.
- Ministry to Seafarers - we support this ministry that supports the people who transport our goods to the Port of Vancouver. Our chaplain works out of Deltaport in South Delta.
- Okanagan Gleaners - we send a Serve and Learn Team to Oliver, BC each summer to help chop the vegetables that turn into soup that helps feed the hungry in the world.
- Bustani Community Garden - we have ten garden plots available in our front yard for our neighbours who have no access to gardens where they live. Please call the church office (604-584-6244) or contact Natasha (email@example.com) if you are interested in using a garden.
- Community Events – over the course of the year we create various community events like Halloween Fun Night, Christmas Children’s Service, or simply Community Barbeques, simply as a way to bless our neighbours.
- Summer Outreach - Each summer we offer day camps and community events. For the past six years, we have been able to hire summer community interns to help us connect with our neighbouring community in creative ways.
- Our Refugee Support Team supports our church-sponsored refugees through advocacy, orientation, settlement, language acquisition and relationship building.
- Community Assistance Team – this team works to help meet the physical needs of those in our community who need help.
- Offerings - our offering schedule supports many excellent local ministries.
National and International Outreach
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank - we help address World Hunger as a partner with 15 churches and church-based agencies collectively called Canadian Foodgrains Bank. Our goal is a world without hunger.
- World Renew - we are involved with relief and development work through World Renew. Many of our members volunteer with Disaster Response Services which is operated by World Renew.
- Climate Witness Project - we participate in protecting and taking care of God's creation through the Office of Social Justice of our church.
- Offerings - our offering schedule supports many excellent global ministries
If you’d like to learn more, don’t hesitate to contact us.