Bustani Community Gardens
Join our community garden in Summer 2023!
We are so glad you are interested in our community gardens! We have 14 gardens in total. Currently we have a few gardens available for the 2023 growing season and we are now accepting applications. If you live in Fleetwood, don't have access to a garden, and plan to grow food for your own household, you qualify for one of our free garden beds for the season.
Here's how it works:
- You rent a garden for the year. You plant it, take care of it, water it, dispose of compost properly in our bins, and harvest it for you and your loved ones.
- We top up the beds with compost every second year. You come help us do this on a Saturday in the spring. Beds were topped up in 2021.
- You add your own organic compost to your garden bed. Bags of sea soil are made available to you for purchase for $8 per bag each spring. We recommend 2-3 bags per garden each year to freshen up the nutrients in the soil.
- We have tools available for you in the shed, as well as a hose, water barrels, and watering cans for you to water your garden. We ask that you put everything back where it belongs, and please respect the tools.
- Get to know your fellow gardeners as you garden throughout the year.
Please call the church office at 604-584-6244 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in using a garden. Details will be communicated in person at the gardens at a time convenient for you.