Bustani Community Gardens
Join our wait-list for a garden in Summer 2023!
We are so glad you are interested in our community gardens! We have 14 gardens in total. Currently, all of our gardens are in use for 2022, but you can be added to a waitlist for a future year. If you live in Fleetwood, don't have access to a garden, and plan to grow food for your own household, you qualify for one of our free garden beds for the season.
Here's how it works:
- You rent a garden for the year. You plant it, take care of it, water it, dispose of compost properly in our bins, and harvest it for you and your loved ones.
- We top up the beds with compost every second year. You come help us do this on a Saturday in the spring. Beds were topped up in 2021.
- You add your own organic compost to your garden bed. Bags of sea soil are made available to you for purchase for $8 per bag each spring. We recommend 2-3 bags per garden each year to freshen up the nutrients in the soil.
- We have tools available for you in the shed, as well as a hose, water barrels, and watering cans for you to water your garden. We ask that you put everything back where it belongs, and please respect the tools.
- Get to know your fellow gardeners as you garden throughout the year.
Please call the church office at 604-584-6244 or email@example.com if you are interested in using a garden. Details will be communicated in person at the gardens at a time convenient for you.