Pastor: Tom Bomhof
Rev. Tom Bomhof and his wife Jodie have been in ministry for 26 years. Pastor Tom has a passion for keeping the church relevant and active in our community. This has been recognized in his receiving the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Award in 2013. He is a sincere, caring encourager of God’s people. Pastor Tom has served this congregation since 2002.
- Interests: Jogging, hiking, gardening, reading, local history and collecting memorabilia from Woodward dept. stores.
- Favourite Movie: Lord of the Rings
- Favourite Hockey Team: Canucks (of course!)
- Listens To: Adult alternative
- Email Address: email@example.com
Youth Pastor & Worship Director: Natasha Vedder
Natasha joined the Fleetwood CRC community in August 2013 and is a gradute of Calvin College. She loves walking with teens as they grow in their faith and seeing them develop their gifts. When she’s not at church or out for coffee with one of the teens, she enjoys reading a good novel, sewing, playing piano, or going for a hike.
- Interests: Listening to music, walking, traveling, food.
- Favourite Movie: I'm not really a movie person.
- Favourite Hockey Team: Ottawa Senators
- Listens To: needtobreathe, Lauren Daigle, Johnnyswim
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor of Education/Formation: Wilma van der Leek
Wilma has been a member of Fleetwood CRC for 25 years and has recently taken on a Pastor of Education/Formation role, helping the community wonder together what it means to be in Christ. Wilma is a former high school English/Bible teacher and loves noticing how growing up in God is a creative process, like writing a poem.
- Interests: Being out in the garden, poetry, sharing strong coffee in a warm coffee house and loves walking in Bear Creek Park.
- Favourite Book: Godric by Frederick Buechner
- Favourite Poem: "When Death Comes" by Mary Oliver
- Favourite Movie: Princess Bride
- Email Address: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Jennifer Stephens
Jen joined the Fleetwood CRC staff in September 2013 and the office has never been the same since! She keeps things at the church organised and fun, and is a great one to turn to when you need a listening ear.
- Interests: family, friends, sports, games.
- Favourite Movie: Fried Green Tomatoes
- Favourite Hockey Team: Canucks, I'd have to say.
- Listens To: Top 40, Mumford and Sons, but enjoys all kinds.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Custodians: Pinky Swar & Cynthia Khin
Pinky joined our congregation a few years ago along with her daughter, and always has a smile to share. Cynthia and her family have been part of the Fleetwood CRC community for about 10 years. Together these two friends make an excellent team keeping our church a welcoming, clean, and hospitable place for all who enter.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) Campus Chaplain (Surrey): Gerard Booy
Gerard is a spiritual director and ordained pastor with many years of experience. His joy is to accompany others in their walk with God. As chaplain on the Surrey campus of KPU, he wants to be a kind friend, a wise guide, and a faithful presence with those who are exploring important faith and life issues.
- Interests: Canoeing, kayaking, hiking, jogging, going to the symphony, bird watching
- Favourite Movie: The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind
- Favourite Book: Chronicles of Narnia
- Favourite Sport: Rugby (I’m from South Africa after all).
- Email Address: email@example.com
Worship & Youth Ministry Assistant: Sarah Verkaik
Sarah joined our staff as our worship intern in September 2019 and has discovered a love of worship and church ministry through this internship. She brings many gifts to this role including photography, administration, and creativity in planning worship services and youth events.
- Interests: Photography, walking, family, music, trying new foods
- Favourite Movie: The Matrix
- Favourite Book: Little Women
- Listens To: Praise 106.5
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Outreach Interns 2020: Sarah Lee & Allie DeWeerd
Sarah and Allie started their summer internship at the church in the beginning of May 2020 and they will be working until the end of August. They will be working closely with our Reaching Out team by creating outreach events such as Vacation Bible School, Monday Night Softball, Christianity Explored, and more.
- Email Address: email@example.com
Bookkeeper: Henny Mulschlegel
We are so thankful to have Henny keeping the church books organized. She is a creative, cheerful, and giving person, always having a smile to share.
- Interests: Card making, her grandchildren, and husband
- Favourite Movie: Titanic
- Favourite Hockey Team: Canucks
- Listens To: 95.7